Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Internet Exploiter

I guess I'll never know who called Microsoft's browser Internet Exploiter. That's not supposed to be important but, somehow, the (in)famous browser lives up the expectations created by that nickname. Or true name, if you please.

I can't sleep so I'm reading Slashdot. At 3 in the morning. And guess what I've stumbled upon? A brand new article that's pointing out the fact that the fabled Internet Explorer 8 is making secure sites insecure. Geez, that was supposed to be the best version of IE ever! And you know what's worse? The fact that, according to The Register, the vulnerability resides in a browser component that was designed specifically to protect against XSS attacks!!!!

However, it looks like there are ways in which we can protect our poor data from being molested by attackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am the Roger form. Send me and maybe I Wilco.